Our very own Aaron Schroeder is moderating a panel at the upcoming Ontario Cap and Trade Forum. If you are going to be in attendance make sure you attend the offset updates and strategies panel, where they will be discussing what recent offset protocol developments mean for cap and trade participants. Some of the key topics include:
- What offsets are currently available in Ontario and how are they being registered?
- How can large emitters take advantage of the opportunities in Ontario’s offset market?
- How can companies determine the number and types of offsets to invest in?
- What are the pros and cons of investing directly in projects versus buying offset credits?
- What does the WCI linkage mean for the offset market --- will there be enough supply?
- Which buying options from California offsets are most attractive to Ontario companies?
- What does California’s decision to disallow millions of non-California offsets mean for the Ontario market?
- What are the key steps for Ontario companies in ensuring an effective offset strategy?
Panelists include Bill Maloney, Dianne Saxe, Craig Ebert, and Malcolm Cockwell.
For more information or to register for the forum visit the registration site.