Meet Our Team
Jeanna Brown, P.Eng.
On September 1, 2017, we were fortunate enough to welcome Jeanna Brown, P.Eng. to Brightspot Climate. Jeanna is a professional engineer with over thirteen years of experience in the oil and gas industry, and we couldn't be more thrilled to have her on our team.
To get to know Jeanna better, we asked her 20 questions in 60 seconds. You can read her responses below, or learn more about her professional experience here.
1. What three traits define you?
Adventurous, resourceful and conscientious.
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Don’t be afraid to take risks. They are often worthwhile.
3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Can I be cheesy? My husband (cute!).
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
Ten years ago, I reached the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. It was the greatest physical challenge I have ever faced.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
Popcorn at the movies. No butter.
6. What is your greatest fear?
Something happening to family members. And spiders!
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
In the wilderness, with my husband, in my canoe.
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
Reading a book in the sunshine.
9. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Recently? Canoeing on the Yukon river. It was a part of Canada that I’ve never visited before, and I was so impressed and amazed by not only the gorgeous landscape, but also the area’s fascinating history and culture. I enjoyed seeing the physical evidence of the Gold Rush that we unexpectedly came upon.
10. Where would you like to travel to next?
Greece. Again, it has both beautiful landscapes and a fascinating culture—though there’s so much of Canada to explore too!
11. What’s the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
Well, I was a fruit-picker at a berry farm in SK, but being a white female drilling engineer in Yemen was certainly interesting too.
12. Which one would you want most: flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities
Flying cars; I want to fly one. I’m uncomfortable with the idea of living in space, and we already have Roombas.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
Smartphones. There may have been bigger, more technically advanced innovations, but I can’t think of anything that has had such a widespread impact on the way we live.
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
I would attend culinary arts school and become a chef!
15. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
“For Heaven’s sake!”
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
Don’t try to be what you think everyone else wants you to be. It’s not worth it.
17. How do you define success?
I think success is being able to balance work with passion, being able to set and achieve goals that are meaningful to you. And in general, living a happy, healthy and gracious life.
18. What is the best book you have ever read?
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
19. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I have never had my ears pierced!
20. What makes you excited to work at Brightspot?
I am excited about the diverse range of projects that we get to work on and being a part of a smaller company with a tight-knit team.
Curious who else we work with? Each member of our team has a staff profile on our "Who We Are" page. Follow the link to get to know us better: http://www.brightspot.co/who-we-are/